February 24, 2015

how I fill in my brows + 5 brow products to try

I love brows! Strong brows, shaped brows... There's no doubt bold brows are the newest hot accessory, and are so important to the overall look of the face. I get a lot of questions and comments on my brows, so I figured I would film a short video showing how I fill my brows in using my favourite product of the moment, Anastasia Beverly Hills' Dipbrow Pomade in Dark Brown (available at Sephora).


HOW-TO:
Using a small angle brush, dip into pomade and take a small amount of product on your brush (a little goes a long way with this stuff!) Spread it around on the back of your hand to warm it up and evenly disperse it on the brush. Using small strokes, apply to your brow sparingly with the aim to build up a natural looking eyebrow. Use a little more product on the arch and tail and less on the head of the brow (to avoid the angry "Uncle-Leo" look). Continuously brush through with a spooly brush to shape brows and disperse the product. 





(I'm dreaming of spring in Paris, hence the music!)


If you're not into the pomade, and feeling major regret for past plucking, here are four other products with my stamp of approval to help you fake it.

1. Make Up For Ever Eyebrow Pencil 
This pencil delivers a precise line, while the highly pigmented formula delivers long lasting hold. $23, sephora.ca





2. Annabelle InstaGlam Brow Design + Fix 
This marker plus brush allows for precise and even application. Double-duty bonus points: There’s colour on one side and a natural-hold gel on the other! $13, annabelle.ca




3. Benefit Gimme Brow 
This unique gel contains volumizing fibres that really creates an enhanced brow effect. It's a must-try! $26, benefitcosmetics.com




4. NARS Brow Perfector 
Great for creating a really natural defined brow and comes in a unique range of shades. Longer lasting than a pencil. $27, murale.ca







No comments:

Post a Comment