February 28, 2016

your new primer is from the men's grooming aisle?

I have seen, on more than one occasion, beauty bloggers and instagrammers going on about their new favourite makeup primer, and it's not from a popular beauty brand. In fact, it's not from a beauty brand at all... It's Nivea Men Sensitive Skin After Shave Balm.



So strange, I know! But after hearing so much buzz online how people have been applying this balm as a makeup primer with great results, I had to try it for myself. I will admit - my skin was smoothed  and the makeup applied nicely, but I didn't feel like it kept shine at bay (at all) or my makeup wearing for a long time (two musts for a primer), and I think it might have actually made my skin break out. 

So the verdict? I think I will stick with my tried and true Smashbox primers and leave the after shave balm for Dave.


-Lianne
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment